For over 10 years, Cemala has supported Bringing Out the Best, an early intervention program that provides family-centered, community-based services targeting children ages birth to five with social and emotional challenges.
Its goal is to increase the number of children in Guilford County that are healthy and ready to succeed as they enter school. The program is a part of UNCG’s Center for Youth, Family, and Community Partnerships.
Bringing Out the Best provides services such as:
- Developing individualized plans for increasing a child’s success in the classroom and in the home
- On-site training and technical assistance for childcare providers
- Home visits to provide parenting support
- Weekly child groups promoting successful behaviors and building healthy social relationships with peers in a small group setting (Parents are provided with education and support).
- Staff development for childcare providers